Maytag Furnaces 2017-08-15T13:11:11+00:00

Silverstate Refrigeration and HVAC Installs, Repairs, and Maintains Maytag Furnaces

Maytag furnaces Las VegasIt doesn’t happen often in the desert climate, but even in Las Vegas your furnace will have to be replaced from time to time. Your furnace houses the blower that typically distributes the air in a central air-conditioning system. When the heat comes on it distributes the heat throughout your home. So these components do wearout and need to be replaced from time to time. They also need to be maintained correctly. Either way if it’s time to replace your furnace consider installing a Maytag.

The benefits are numerous form owning a reliable heating source like a Maytag furnace. As a homeowner you may not be aware of all the options that are now available. Many of these options increase the energy efficiency and others are just there for comfort sake.

Furnaces have been long known to last more than 20 years in this desert environment. If you are considering replacing your equipment you need to think long term. As with any mechanical equipment, proper installation is critical. You would think that if a contractor has a license from the state of Nevada they would be capable of installing a heating and cooling system correctly, but you would think wrong. That’s why you need to pay a lot of attention to how many units the service company has installed throughout the valley as well as their reviews. Reviews are a whole another topic! We both know that some of them can be faked. That’s why you must consider the entire work of an HVAC contractor before making your choice.

What Does AFUE Mean?

You should always consider and compare the Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency rating of a furnace when comparing one brand to another, or even comparing different options with in the same brand a furnace manufacturer. You will commonly be quoted for an 80% AFUE, which means that it converts 80% of the fuel in the heat; the other 20% is lost up the chimney. If your furnace is more than 15 years old it is probably a AFUE 65%. Today’s minimum standards is 78% AFUE, but there are rebates and tax incentives tied to efficiencies as high as 95%. So be sure and get a quote on all of these ratings.

A More Comfortable Heating System

A furnace manufactured today keeps your home more comfortable than those from just a few years ago. One of the features you should look for is a two-stage and variable speed furnace. They run at different outputs. These reduced levels of operation reduce noise and provide a better mix of heated or cooled air throughout the home. This reduces hotspots in the wintertime and cold spots in the summer.

Here’s a tip for keeping your home more comfortable year-round: your new furnace thermostat will have a “fan on” setting. Consider turning it on year-round. This way the air will be circulated throughout the home and eliminate hot and cold spots. That means it will be running even when the air conditioner or furnace art. If you’re looking for better temperature control at one end of the house than the other because you just don’t occupy the spaces anymore considered zoning your heating and cooling system. The technicians and experts at Silverstate will be glad to show you how you can benefit from this and reduce your heating and cooling expenses.